The Captive Systems’ technology, thanks to the join between magnetic characteristics trough to the magnetic core and amphiphilic nature and / or electrostatically charged given by coating, is a product:
- Stable in aqueous solutions.
- Able to absorb lipophilic compounds.
- Able to absorb metals
- Recoverable through using magnetic filters
- Recoverable through classical filtration because of the micrometer-sized
Potential fields of application :
- Waste Water Treatment in Oil&Gas sector, food industry, textile sector and electroplating industry.
- Pollution from arsenic.
- Emission uptake in the air.
- Treatment of polluted soils.
- Removal of heavy metals.
- Suitable for removal and / or recovery of large quantities of pollutants.
- Suitable for removal and / or recovery of traces of pollutants.
- Simple application route compared to commonly applied treatments.
- Significant reduction in processing costs and disposal of waste and contaminated soils waters.
- Improvement in the percentage of residue hydrocarbon removal <10ppm.
- Ability to be synthesized and also used in remote sites.
- Recyclable and reusable with performance comparable to particles on first use.
The management and the conventional disposal of oily waste water requires a combination of processes to ensure different levels of treatment:
- Physical: based on the application of physical forces (eg. Flotation)
- chemical and biological: based on chemical and biological reaction to remove pollutants (eg. Flocculation).
Using the Captive Systems technology.
Effectiveness of water polluted with 2,000 ppm: % Residual hydrocarbons in water < 10ppm.
- A = Water
- B = Emulsion water / oil 2.000ppm treated with NPs
- C = Emulsion water / oil 2.000ppm
Disposal solutions and treatment based on physical API Standard 650
Hydrocarbons still present in the water: > 1.000ppm
Disposal Solutions and treatment based on chemical technology
Hydrocarbons still present in the water: ≈ 100 ppm